Click here to return to the
- No purchase is necessary to register/win.
- The Checkered Flag Challenge is open to legal U.S. citizens age
21 years or older living within the immediate broadcast area
of WAFL-FM, WNCL-FM, WXDE-FM, WAVD-FM, and WYUS-AM.
- The Checkered Flag Challenge is a feature of select Delmarva
Broadcasting radio station websites, specifically Eagle977.com,
Cool1013.com, Delaware1059.com, 971TheWave.com, and ESPN930.com.
Winners are selected from the best scores of all players from
all participating websites combined.
- You may only submit one entry per week. If more than one entry
from the same person is found, only the first submission will be
accepted, regardless of whether those entries are submitted from
- We encourage playing each and every week of the contest. As
opposed to other Delmarva Broadcasting contests, you may play
again immediately after winning, to help your chances of
winning the grand prize.
- Each week's NASCAR race entry form is posted by 5pm on Monday
of that week. The entry form includes every driver currently listed
on the official NASCAR.com Monster Energy NASCAR Cup
and Drivers Page.
- Drivers cannot be selected in consecutive weeks. Any driver
chosen in the previous race will not be available to be selected
for the following race. Thus, your drivers list will change week
to week throughout the contest, and will not be the same as other
- To enter, complete the weekly online entry form by selecting
the five drivers. All entries must be received by the
deadline posted (which will be approximately one hour prior to
the time listed as race start on the official 2019
- Entries will be scored based on the finishing
position of the drivers selected, starting with 43 points for the
winner, subtracting one point for each successive position, down to
1 point for finishing last. Your weekly score will be the combined
points of all drivers you selected.
- NASCAR awards drivers bonus points such as for winning the race,
leading a lap, and leading the most laps. We do NOT
award these bonus points in the Checkered Flag Challenge.
- Scoring is based on the drivers you pick, not on
team or car number. You will only receive points based on how the drivers
you pick fare. If there is a substitute driver on a team for any given
week, that substitute driver is credited with the points he wins,
NOT the driver who usually drives that car.
- Our scoring method does not factor in whether a driver is competing
for a Monster Energy NASCAR Cup championship. If a driver races in a
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup race, you can earn points for picking him/her.
- The Checkered Flag Challenge schedule includes only the 36 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup
Points events. The season starts with the Daytona 500, and does not include the
NASCAR All-Star Race or Showdown.
- Weekly prizes will be awarded each week to the player with the highest score for each
individual race of the contest. Checkered Flag Challenge players are only allowed to win
ONE (1) Weekly Prize for each half of the contest. If the top scoring player has already
won a Weekly Prize for the current half of the contest, the prize will move down to the
next highest scoring person who has NOT won a Weekly Prize.
- Weekly scores are accumulated and tallied for overall scores.
Only a player's best 15 scores will be used in figuring their overall
score. At the end of the first half of the Sprint Cup Season (on July 6,
2019), the player with the highest overall score wins the first-half grand
- Upon awarding the first-half grand prize, all total scores will
be reset to zero. The above process will be repeated to find the second-half
grand prize winner after the final race of the 2019 season, using only the
races after July 6, 2019.
- In the event of a tie in determining the winner of Weekly or Grand Prizes, the
contest judges will hold a random drawing of the tied eligible entries to determine
a prize winner.
- REGISTRATION: Players must register for an account
and log-in using their username and password to submit picks for
each race. One account per person. Total scores from different
accounts cannot and will not be combined.
- You must supply a valid email address when creating an account.
Email addresses that are found to be bad or unknown will invalidate
- Delmarva Broadcasting is not responsible for lost entries,
technical difficulties, acts of God, and any other issues that may
cause problems with playing the contest.
- Employees, agents, successors, assignees, advertising agencies,
promotional companies, immediate family members, household members,
sponsors, agents, affiliates, parent companies, vendors, and suppliers
of Delmarva Broadcasting Company, and
others acting on their behalf are ineligible to participate.
- Prize Winners waive any and all claims of liability against the
contest sponsors for any damages, injuries, or other losses which
relate directly to the contest.
- Prize Winners are responsible for paying any and all taxes
associated with the prizes.
- Prize Winners' names and their likenesses may be used by
Delmarva Broadcasting for promotional purposes without further
compensation to winners.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Delmarva Broadcasting reserves the right to disqualify or
modify any entry for any reason.
- Rules subject to change without notice.
- Contest judges' decisions are final.
Checkered Flag Challenge home page.